Saturday, December 25, 2010

Things I Am Looking Forward To… Heading Home Edition

Originally I posted this to FaceBook and then as I was working on Things I Will Miss… Leaving the Road Edition (currently still in the writing) I came to realize these were indeed blog posts.  As you can see, I left them unfinished with the idea to add to them, so maybe that's why I thought they were OK for FB and unworthy of Blog status.  However, I don't know IF I will add anything more to either one so I'm not going to tell you to watch this space in anticipation of more insights.  Either way, I thought they were good exercises in appreciation both for the things that I've experienced and for the things I yearn for.

1. Showers!  For as long and as hot as I can stand it.

2. My own BED!  Oh bed, I’ve missed you so much.  I hope you’ve misses me too.  I can’t wait to be back in your soft warm embrace.  I can almost feel the weight of you pressed against me in ALL the right places.  I’m even bringing you back some custom made Moroccan lingerie.  I hope I got your size right.

3. Hugs!  Tons and Tons of hugs.  Not to insinuate that other people in the world don't hug, but really for the most part they don't.  I'm not talking about your run of the mill back pattin' hug.  I'm talking about fully enveloping, melt into the moment, you are exactly where you need to be, never let go hugs from the people I consider family.

4. Family!  I have the most wonderful family in the whole world.  My loving parents and wonderful bother.  My wonderfully eccentric aunts, uncles and cousins.  Every single member of Gregory's family who have not only accepted me with open arms, but have let me steal him away from them for a whole year.  And of course my chosen family, who are all the more wonderful because they love me for me, not just because they have to.

5. Mexican Food!  A weekly (or more) staple of my routine that has been sadly missing for the last 52+ weeks.  Chips, Salsa and Exceptional Queso, Refried Beans, Sour Cream, Warm Corn Tortillas, Sizzling Fajita Meat, Guacamole (the kind that's just Avocados, Garlic and Spice!) and Cheese Enchiladas.  All the SPICY I can handle.

6. Clothes!  Well not so much clothes but the variety that allows me more (and less) than 2 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, 4 pairs of socks, and 2 pairs of undies.  The clothes I have had this year have held up great and have continued to look good all year.  BUT, I'm ready for a change.  I'm ready for, among other things, skin tight blue jeans (I even dreamed about them!), nice button up shirts and a variety of shoes...

7. OMG Shoes!  No this didn't turn into a crappy Rick Roll.  My one year old + cross trainers have just about given up the ghost.  They have almost no tread and despite their truly wonderful drab functionality, I'm ready for a little bit of Foot (tr)Action.

8. Poi Practice and Fire Spinning!  Unlike Gregory, who can spin at any time.  I require quiet near uninterrupted space and time to practice.  It's also handy to have some friends around to tell me what looks good and what still needs work helps too!

9. POPCORN!  Whenever, where ever and however I want it.

10. Chocolate Milk!  Icy cold, chocolatey rich, what else is there to say.

These are just a handful of the things I can think of right now.  I will update it as I think of new Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment